Personal data, terms and conditions for long courses
The following personal data policy and conditions of sale apply to all trades made with Vejle Sports School.
Personal data and registration
The school needs to collect personal information about students (and their custodians) when they enroll at the school. The school uses this personal information solely for the purpose of fulfilling the school's obligations as a school according to the Ministry of Culture.
If you are under 18 years old at the time of enrollment, we apply the maturity criterion. It means that you can give your consent because of presumed tacit consent from the custodians that they will not oppose your consent.
The school collects ordinary personal information about a student such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail, nationality, educational conditions and other necessary information to run the school.
The school also needs to obtain a CPR number (Danish social security number including birth date) in order to fulfill its obligations to the Ministry of Culture. The CPR number is used, among other things, to apply for state subsidy, and for the Ministry of Culture to check that the student is not registered at several schools.
The school holds this information eternally to fulfill the school's obligation in all future to be able to issue a school certificate to a student who has accomplished a course of at least 4 weeks, according to paragraph 15 pc 5 of the law for folk high schools in Denmark.
You may also have provided us with particularly sensitive information such as health information or special diets. This information is kept by the school in Komit and Viggo, which are secure systems produced especially for the free schools in Denmark. Particularly sensitive information such as health and special diets are deleted when the course is over.
At the time of registration, you also have the opportunity to give your consent to the use of images and videos of you in connection with marketing. You can revoke your marketing consent at any time by contacting the office.
All prices on the website are unit prices incl. VAT. Vejle Sports School reserves the right to change prices without notice.
Registration fee and payments
Your registration fee is due within 8 days after you have received notice by email from the administration office at Vejle Sports School. Attached to this email is a payment overview of your school fee instalments and due dates.
You pay by bank transaction as described in the payment overview sent by email from the administration office at Vejle Sports School.
APPLICATION PROCESSING TIME
You apply online. We process all applications within 1-7 work days with reservations for courses that are sold out.
CANCELLING OF REGISTRATION
Something can come up that can change your plans. If you are not able to start your course at Vejle Sports School, please give us notice as soon as possible.
If you cancel your registration before course start the following rules apply:
- Cancelling your registration before respectively 1st of June (autumn course) or 1st of November (spring course): Half of the paid registration fee will be refunded. After this date we do not refund your paid registration fee.
- Cancelling your registration before respectively 1st of August (autumn course) or 1st of January (spring course): Your paid travel fee and equipment fee will be refunded. After this we do not refund your paid equipment fee.
Some students cancel their stay - e.g. if they get injured. Most students stay at the school even if they get injuries, because of all the other offers at the school and because of the friendships they make.
If you cancel your registration after course start the following rules apply:
- You cancel your registration by oral and written report to the headmaster and the administration office at Vejle Sports School.
- If you cancel your course after course start, you are obliged to pay a minimum of the started week plus 4 weeks payment from the time of cancellation according to instructions from the Danish Ministry of Culture. There is no subsidies offered for the payment of these 4 weeks. If you have received any support from the school to lower the cost of your stay, it has to be paid back.
- Any paid travel fees will not be refunded after course start. If Vejle Sports School has had any expenses on your behalf with regards to future school trips, you must pay these.
If you take any time off or vacation during your stay, you are not entitled to any reductions in payment.