Frequently Asked Questions

From august 2024 you can join our school without any Danish skills and we will do our best to offer translation where needed. However, some classes will only be taught in Danish, but there will always be other classes available for you at the same time.

You live at the school. All students are assigned rooms the first day they arrive. Students will be living with one or two fellow students of the same sex.

We admit students in August and January.

Autumn course is 19 weeks (Aug-Dec). Spring course is usually 24-26 weeks (Jan-June). You can combine the courses to stay a whole year.

When you have signed up for a course and paid the registration fee, we will send you an admission letter.

Vejle Sports School offers challenges for both beginners and advanced athletes. You don’t have to be at a certain level. You just need to enjoy doing sports. Since you get the chance to try many diffeerent kinds of sports, oftentimes our students both choose their accustomed type of sport as well as an unexplored kind of sports.

Yes, read more clicking the menu.

All the photos on this website are from the school.

  • By air plane – Vejle Idrætshøjskole is a 30 minute drive from Billund International Airport. But you can also take a 2½ hour train from CPH intl. airport.
  • By car
  • By train – Vejle Idrætshøjskole is very close to the national railway. From Vejle train station it is a 5 minute drive by taxi. You can also take the local bus directly to the school – Bus no. 8 heading to Bredballe/Hældagerskolen/Vejle Idrætsskole. The bus leaves from Vejle train station. It takes about 10-15 minutes. You can just tell the bus driver that you need to get off at Vejle Sports school. Remember that your train ticket is also valid in the local bus.

Some students cancel their stay – e.g. if they get injured. Most students stay at the school even if they get injuries, because of all the other offers at the school and because of the friendships they make.

About a month before school start you receive a packing list from our secretary. Furthermore it is a good idea if you try and keep in good physical shape so you are ready to do sport activities when you arrive. To prepare mentally, have a look at some the news on of our social media @vihdk on Facebook or Instagram and @vihdkhojskole on TikTok.

We recommend that you take a liability insurance, an accident insurance, and a house contents insurance (theft) since your private belongings are not covered by the school insurance.

For the trip abroad, you must have a valid home insurance in case you get injured.

Health insurance for EU-citizens:
You should obtain the blue EU health insurance card – it is free of charge.

Health insurance for Non EU-citizens:
You should take a health insurance to cover you in case of illness during the first approx. 10 weeks of your stay in Denmark. When you have received your ST1 residence permit, you register at the city council in Vejle, where you can get a CPR number (a personal identity number in Denmark). Afterwards a health insurance card (the yellow card) will be issued, and you will be covered by the Danish health insurance.

If you have still not found the answer to your question don’t hesitate to contact us.